A full flavoured supper that will please anyone from vegetarians to hardened meat eaters. Serve with a large mixed salad perhaps with a light dressing ofwalnut oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious and quick!
• 6 Portobello mushrooms, wiped with damp kitchen towel
• 4 round slices of goat’s cheese (each about 1/2 cm thick)
• 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
• 6 large basil leaves, torn
• 1tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
• 1 dessertspoon olive oil
• Black pepper
1. Spread the sun-dried tomato paste on the undersides of the mushrooms, then gently
fry them in olive oil until the mushrooms start to go brown, taking care when you turn
them over not to dislodge too much of the sun- dried tomato paste.
2. Place mushrooms bottom side up on a grill pan and top each with a slice of goats cheese.
3. Grill gently until the cheese starts to bubble and turn golden on top.
4. Remove from the heat and place on a bed of mixed salad (pre-dressed), then scatter
the walnuts and basil on top and serve immediately.