Banana Pancakes (Serves 1)
Updated: Feb 7
These delicious banana pancakes are one of my most popular recipes. They are super easy and only take minutes to make and they are loved by the whole family.
At their simplest they require just 2 ingredients - banana and egg. I find they hold together better in the cooking process if you add a desert spoon of oats.
The other ingredients are just added for flavour.
Keep it simple by eating the pancakes alone, or use one of the delicious topping and some fruit to make it really special.
1 small banana
1 desert spoon of oats (optional - these just make the pancakes easier to cook)
1 tsp walnuts, chopped (optional)
½-1 tsp cinnamon (optional to taste)
Dash vanilla extract (optional)
Cinnamon Yoghurt Topping
mix 2tbsp plain Greek yoghurt with 2tsp coconut palm sugar and 1/2tsp cinnamon
Berry Chia Jam Topping
mash 2 handfuls of fresh or defrosted berries, mix in 1tbsp chia seeds and leave for 10 mins
Nut Butter Topping 1 heaped tbsp of nut butter, no added sugar
1 handful of berries 1 chopped apple / pear / nectarine 2 chopped plums / apricots
1. Mash banana, and beat egg.
2. Mix the two together. If you are using oats add them here, but use a blender or a nutribullet.
3. Add walnuts, vanilla extract and cinnamon if using.
4. Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a frying pan.
5. Pour pancake mix into frying pan and cook like little scotch pancakes. The key to success is keeping the pancake size to 8cm diameter or smaller
6. These pancakes are delicious by themselves or even better with one of the toppings (above) and some fruit