Celeriac is the root of the celery plant. It is mild flavoured and lower in carbs than other root vegetables like potatoes. Together with parnsips it makes this delicious creamy winter warming soup. The seed and chilli flake mix add a genius texture and flavour to this soup.
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 onion sliced
Pinch of Salt
3 large/5 small parsnips peeled and chopped into chunks
1 Celeriac peeled and chopped into chunks
500ml of vegetable stock or bone broth
1 x 400ml coconut milk
5 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp chilli flakes
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion gently until for 5 mins
2. Add the parsnip and celeriac and continue cooking for 3 minutes
3. Add the stock, coconut milk, and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer for 30 mins then blend until smooth
5. Mix the seeds and chilli flakes in a bowl and scatter over the soup when you are ready to serve.