Granola (Makes 8 portions)
My best advice when you are upgrading your diet and lifestyle is to focus on baby steps. Starting with breakfast is often a winner for my clients, as so many are super busy in the morning and have become stuck in a cereal or toast rut. This make ahead granola is super quick and easy to knock up and takes all the stress out of the morning. Try it!
100g almonds, roughly chopped
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
50g pecans, roughly chopped
50g unsweetened coconut flakes
25g ground almonds
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt (optional)
20g pure maple syrup
20g coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Line a large baking sheet with grease-proof paper.
3. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, fold until well mixed.
4. Pour onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
5. Bake for 15 mins.
Gently turn granola, bake for an additional 5-10 mins, until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool and crisp for about 30 minutes. Enjoy with your favourite plain yoghurt and choice of berries.
7. Store in airtight container for 1-2 months.