Healthier Chocolate Pudding (Makes 6 portions)
A delicious, easy to make gluten and dairy free, vegan chocolate pudding that is ideal as a healthier family pudding or makes the perfect dinner party dessert.
1 x 400ml can of coconut milk
1/4 tsp sea salt
60g cocoa or cacao powder
120ml of coconut milk (carton)
3 tbsp cornflour
100g of dark chocolate chips or broken up chocolate bar (70% or higher) - (choose vegan chocolate if you would like a vegan dessert)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Heat the canned coconut milk in a saucepan with the salt, cocoa powder and stevia.
2. Put the cornflour in a bowl and gradually add the coconut milk (120ml) until the cornflour has dissolved.
3. When the saucepan mix is warm, add the cornflour mix and bring to the boil.
4. Lower to a simmer for 1 minute then turn off the heat
5. Add the vanilla and broken chocolate pieces/chips and stir until melted.
6. Pour into 6 ramekin dishes
7. Allow to cool and then transfer to the fridge to thicken.
8. The pudding thickens as it cools and will be ready to eat after a couple of hours/overnight.