Discover the simplicity of making homemade hummus and be amazed by the delicious results! This fabulous food is rich in protein from chickpeas, healthy fats from olive oil and sesame seeds, and packed with fiber. Not to mention, it's a great source of phytoestrogens for hormone balance. Enjoy it as a fabulous snack with crunchy crudites or enjoy it as part of a meal by adding it to a jacket sweet potato or salad. Hummus really is a tasty treat that will support your body and satisfy your cravings.
200g canned chickpeas
2 tbsp lemon juice (or more to taste)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse in cold water.
2. Reserve a few whole chickpeas for serving.
3. Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini and water in a food processor and
blend to a purée.
4. Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Use an additional splash of olive oil and a little water to loosen the consistency if you like.
5. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and scatter with the reserved chickpeas.
6. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with crudités.