These salmon fishcakes are so easy to make and are suitable for the whole family. You could replace the salmon with other fish such as cod, tuna or haddock.
• 200g salmon fillet or 1 x 200g tin wild red salmon
• 4 medium potatoes
• 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
• Virgin olive oil
• 1 egg, beaten
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. If using fresh salmon, bake for 20 minutes until cooked.
2. Peel and chop the potatoes then boil for 20 minutes or until soft and mash.
3. Saute the onion in a little olive oil for a few minutes until transparent.
4. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together to form 8 small fishcakes.
Place in the fridge for 1 hour before cooking - this will firm them up.
5. Gently fry in olive oil until crisp on both sides and serve with your choice of vegetables or salad.